Villages of the Berkshires, Inc.
Program Director -- Job Description
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or specialized training or prior experience in the field of Gerontology, Human Services, Social Work or Public Health Administration.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Work experience related to the field of social work or human services; gerontology (aging services) a plus. Experience in non profit services and prior community engagement in the Berkshires also helpful.
SKILLS REQUIRED: A passionate belief in the goal of assisting older adults in the Berkshires so they can remain in their own homes as they age. High energy, positive, and well organized person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work well with older adults, be detail oriented, flexible, efficient and eager to help. Multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills are required plus computer experience in website and data management and competence with MS Excel and Google Voice.
1. Respond to public’s requests for information regarding membership, volunteering, and provider services.
2. Develop and manage the process of responding to telephone/email inquiries from members and respond to service requests for volunteers or approved service providers.
3. Be responsible for Villages website and database including member information and referral system and oversight of Village’s use of Google Voice.
4. Support all activities associated with the Board of Directors and its committees.
5. Cultivate relationships with other associated organizations and promote Villages of the Berkshires in the area and with key community leaders.
SUPERVISION: The Program Director is directly responsible to the President of the Board of Directors and shall be employed part-time (estimated to be approximately 20-30 hours per week) in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position.
SALARY: $30.00 per hour on a flexible schedule, to be mutually determined
WORK LOCATION: This position is designed to be a work-at-home job. The employee is to supply the space, a desk and chair, and use his/her own computer and printer unless and until an alternative arrangement is mutually agreed upon.
Formal application and references required.
For more information please email: email@example.com or call: (413) 409-6400